Steam Download Slow: How to Fix it
How to fix Steam Download Slow
You don ’ t have to try them all ; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you .
Method 1: Clear your download cache
When you ’ re having a behind download accelerate on your Steam node, the beginning thing you should try is to clear your download cache. To do thus :
- On your Steam client, click Steam, then click Settings.
Bạn đang đọc: Steam Download Slow: How to Fix it
- Click Downloads, then click CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Log in your Steam client, then check to see if your download speed is restored.
Hopefully it is. But if not, you may need to try other fixes below .
Method 2: Change the download server location
Your steam download speed may be slow because the download server you ’ re using is not working by rights. Try a server at another localization to see if this works for you .
- On your Steam client, click Steam, then click Settings.
- Click Downloads, then click the drop-down menu of Download Region and select a different download server location.
- Click OK.
- Start downloading your game and see if this works for you.
If it does, great. But if not, try the steps above again to choose another different localization. If your write out persists, don ’ t worry. There are however early fixes you can try .
Method 3: Temporarily disable your firewall
Your download return may be caused by noise from your security software. To see if that ’ s the trouble for you, temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall and check if the problem persists. ( Consult the documentation of your security software for instructions on disabling it. )
If this resolves your problem, contact the seller of your security software and ask them for advice, or install a different security solution .
IMPORTANT: Be extra careful about what sites you visit, what emails you open and what files you download when your antivirus or firewall is disabled.
Method 4: End the resource-hogging programs
Downloading games can be a resource-consuming job for your hard drive. And your download focal ratio may be slowed down if there are other programs causing gamey drive use. You should check your phonograph record custom and end those resource -hogging programs .
To view your hard repel custom :
- Right click any empty space of the taskbar, then click Task Manager.
- In Task Manager, view the hard drive utilization of your computer, and end those programs or processes that are causing high usage but you don’t need for now (by right clicking it and select End task/Process).
If you don’t know whether you can end a program or a process, we suggest you do some research on the Internet to find out more information about it.
After ending the resource-hogging programs, try restarting the download summons to see if this works for you. Hopefully it does. But if not, there are two more fixes for you to try…
Method 5: Update your network driver
Your download focal ratio may be slow because you ’ re using a wrong network driver or it ’ s out of date. You should update this driver to see if that ’ s the case for you.If you don ’ t have the time, patience or skills to update your drivers yourself, you can do it mechanically with Driver Easy .
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don ’ t need to know precisely what system your calculator is running, you don ’ t need to be troubled by the faulty driver you would be downloading, and you don ’ t need to worry about making a mistake when install .
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro adaptation of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes good 2 steps ( and you get full defend and a 30-day money back guarantee ) :
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to your network adapter to automatically download the correct driver for your computer, then you can manually install it. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
[email protected] for advice. You should attach the URL of this article so they can help you better. If you have any return with Driver Easy, please contact Driver Easy ’ s defend team atfor advice. You should attach the URL of this article so they can help you better.
Method 6: Check your network connection status
Your download speed may be behind because your network connection is not working by rights. To check your network joining status :
- Make sure your computer is properly connected to the Internet. Check your network cable connection (if using wired network connection) or your wireless network status (if wireless connection).
- Restart your network devices, including your computer and router/modem, to see if this resolves the problem for you.
- Contact your Internet service provider to ask for advice if you are having any network connection issues.
Method 7: Reinstall Steam
possibly some of your steamer files are corrupted so your steam download speed is behind. To fix this topic, you should reinstall your steam program :
- Open you Steam program.
- On your Steam program, click Steam, then click Backup and Restore Games.
- Click Next.
- Select the games and programs you want to back up, then click NEXT.
- Choose a location you want to put backups to, then click NEXT.
- Configure your backup file name and size settings, then click NEXT.
- Wait until the backup process to be complete, then quit Steam.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Right click Steam in the list and select Uninstall, then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall this program.
- Download Steam and install it on your computer.
- Open the Steam program, then click Steam and select Backup and Restore Games.
- Select Restore a previous backup, then click NEXT.
- Browse and select the folder you put your backup in, then click NEXT.
- Select the games you want to restore, then click NEXT.
- Wait until the restore process to be complete
- Check to see if this fixes your slow download issue.
Hopefully one of the fixes above help you fix your issue. If you have questions, leave us a comment below .