Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter driver problem [SOLVED]
You will receive the following error message:
This device is not working by rights because Windows can not load the drivers required for this device. ( Code 31 )
In other words, Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter is the drivers for Wireless Hosted Network that aid in virtualization of a physical Wifi into more than one virtual Wifi ( Virtual wireless adapter ). thankfully there are a phone number of methods through which this error code 31 can be resolved, thus without wasting any time lets see how to actually fix this erroneousness with the below-listed trouble-shoot steps .
Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter driver problem [ SOLVED ]
Make certain to create a restore point barely in case something goes wrong .
Method 1: Disable Hosted Network
1. press Windows Key + X then click Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type the come command into cmd and hit Enter after each one :
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow
3. Reboot your personal computer and see if you ’ re able to Fix Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniporct Adapter driver problem ( Error code 31 ) .
1. Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click on Update & Security.
2. From the left side, menu clicks on Windows Update.
3. nowadays click on the “ Check for updates ” button to check for any available updates .
4. If any updates are pending, then click on Download & Install updates.
5. once the updates are downloaded, install them, and your Windows will become up-to-date .
Method 3: Run the Hardware troubleshooter
1. type “ troubleshooting ” in the Windows Search banish and click on Troubleshooting.
2. adjacent, chink on Hardware and Sound.
3.Then from the number choose Hardware and Devices.
4.Follow on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter .
follow steps from here : hypertext transfer protocol : //www.wintips.org/fix-error-code-31-wan-miniport/
1. iron Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
2. Expand Network Adapters then right-click on Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter and choice Update Driver Software .
3. First, choice “ Search automatically for updated driver software ” and let it update the drivers .
4. If the above dance step doesn ’ triiodothyronine fix the problem, then select “ Browse my computer for driver software. ”
5. On the future sieve, uncheck Show compatible hardware and then select Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter and pawl Next .
6. choice to anyway install the driver if asked .
7. Reboot your personal computer to save changes .
Method 5: Uninstall Wireless Network Adapter
1. press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager .
2. Expand Network Adapters then right-click on your wireless connection and choice Uninstall.
3. If asked for confirmation, choose Yes.
4. Reboot your personal computer and drivers will be mechanically installed .
That ’ s it you have successfully Fix Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter driver problem (Error code 31) if you placid have any queries regarding this post feel free to ask them in the remark ’ south section .