How to Solve ‘This Profile Can’t connect to Xbox Live on this Console’ Error?
What’s causing the ‘This Profile Can’t connect to Xbox Live on this Console’ Error?
here ’ s a tilt of things that might ultimately cause the ‘This Profile Can’t connect to Xbox Live on this Console’ error :
- Xbox Live Core Service issue – As it turns out, the inability to play backward-compatible games can also be caused by a server issue that is beyond the end-user control. Scheduled maintenances and DDoS attacks on the Xbox servers in your area might make it impossible for your console to validate ownership. In this case, the only viable fix is to wait for the issue to be fixed by Microsoft’s engineers.
- Glitched Temp data – Another potential cause that might be responsible for this issue is some kind of corrupted data that is currently being stored in the temp folder of your Xbox One Console. if this scenario is applicable, you should be able to fix the problem by performing a power-cycling procedure to remove temp data and drain the power capacitors of your console.
- Corrupted Local 360 Storage folder – If you previously had an unexpected console interruption when playing a backward-compatible game, some files located in the Local360 folder may have become corrupted. In this case, you should be able to fix the issue by deleting the folder using the classic Xbox 360 interface.
- Xbox profile is stuck in a limbo state – Another cause that will cause this behavior is an Xbox profile that is stuck in the middle of the signing process. Since the backward-compatibility feature needs to validate ownership, it will not be able to do so unless you sign out & in your Xbox One profile.
- OS corruption – In some rare circumstances, you might encounter this issue due to some corrupted firmware or software components that cannot be repaired conventionally. In this case, you should be able to resolve the issue by resetting every system component via a soft reset procedure.
Method 1: Checking the status of Xbox Live Servers
Before we advance further to early repair strategies, it ’ second crucial to start this troubleshooting usher by making certain that the issue is not beyond your control. Keep in heed that it ’ sulfur besides possible that a impermanent problem with the Xbox Live servers is responsible for your comfort ’ s inability to play backward compatible games. Whenever this problem occurs, it is typically due to two main causes – There ’ sulfur either a scheduled sustenance period or there ’ s some kind of unexpected outage issue ( a DDoS attack or an unexpected trouble with the servers in your area ). If the core services are gloomy, your game ownership will not be validated, so you will not be able to play the backward-compatible crippled. In case you think this scenario might be applicable, visit this link ( here ) and verify if any kernel services are presently not operational or are functioning with limited capabilities . If this probe ends up revealing a server offspring that is beyond your control, there international relations and security network ’ thyroxine much else you can do other than expect for Microsoft ’ s engineers to fix the trouble. Be surely to check the Xbox Status page regularly until you see that the trouble has been resolved. however, if the investigation didn ’ triiodothyronine point towards any server issues, move immediately to the adjacent method below for a different set of instructions that will resolve the issue if it ’ mho occurring locally .
Method 2: Performing a Power-cycle
If you ’ ve previously confirmed that the trouble is only occurring locally and it isn ’ t caused by a waiter issue, irregular files are likely being responsible for the apparition of the Sorry, this profile can’t connect to Xbox live on this console’ mistake. The most effective way of resolving the mistake message, in this case, is to perform a power hertz. A power-cycling procedure will clean the huge majority of impermanent files that might cause this error code without affecting any of your games, applications and user preferences. several affected users have confirmed that they managed to resolve the issue wholly after following the instructions below. here ’ s a quick usher on performing a power-cycling procedure on your Xbox One cabinet :
- Start the operation by ensuring that your console is fully powered on and is not currently in hibernation.
- Then, press the Xbox button on the front of your console and keep it pressed for about 10 seconds (or until the front LED stops flashing). After you see this occurring, release the button and wait until the power is cut off completely.
- Once your console is no longer showing any activity signs, wait for a full minute or so. To ensure that the process is succesfull, you can also try to disconnect the cable from the power outlet.
- Turn your console back on again by pressing the console Xbox button once again. But this time, make it a short press only. During the next startup sequence, keep an eye out for the Xbox animation sequence. If you see it, it’s confirmation that the power-cycling procedure was successful.
- Once the startup sequence is complete, attempt to play the backward-compatible game once again and see if the issue is resolved.
If you ’ re calm encountering the ‘Sorry, this profile can’t connect to Xbox live on this console’ erroneousness while trying to launch the game, move down to the next method below .
Method 3: Deleting the local Xbox 360 storage (on Xbox One)
As it turns out, the ‘Sorry, this profile can’t connect to Xbox live on this console’ error can besides occur due to some kind of file corruption inside your Local360 Storage booklet. This is normally hidden from opinion and can be easily accessed after you try to launch the backward-compatible game.
respective affected users have confirmed that they managed to fix the return by accessing the Storage Management section of the classical Xbox 360 interface and deleting the Xbox360 visibility. After doing this, restarting the console table and configuring it once again, they were able to play the backward-compatible game with no issues. here ’ s a flying guide on deleting the local Xbox 360 memory on your Xbox One console :
- Launch the backward-compatible game from your Xbox One console. When you see the error message, press the Xbox button on your controller to bring out the classic Xbox 360 interface.
- Once you’re inside the Xbox Guide menu, navigate to Manage Storage and press A to access it. Choose Yes at the Manage Storage confirmation prompt.
- Once you’re inside the Storage Management window, select the Profiles folder and hit the A button to access it.
- From the next menu, select your local profile and press the Y button to schedule it for deletion. Next, select Yes at the confirmation prompt to confirm the operation, then wait for it to complete.
- Once the local Xbox 360 space has been cleared, attempt to play the backward-compatible game again and see if the issue is now resolved.
If you ’ re still encountering the like ‘Sorry, this profile can’t connect to Xbox live on this console’ error, move down to the future method acting below .
Method 4: Re-initiating the Xbox One Profile
If you ’ ve come this far without a feasible fix, probably, the issue is occurring due to some kind of incompatibility with the profile that you ’ re presently signed in with. several users that were besides struggling to resolve the ‘Sorry, this profile can’t connect to Xbox live on this console’ error has confirmed that they were last able to play backward-compatible games after they removed & re-added their Xbox account. hera ’ s a quick lead on how to do this on your Xbox One cabinet :
- On your Xbox One controller, press the Xbox button one then select the Settings icon via the newly appeared guide menu. Then, move over to the right-hand or left-hand (depending on your user preferences) and choose All Settings.
- Once you’re inside the Settings menu, go to the account tab. Once you get there, move over to the right-hand side and choose to Remove accounts.
- Select the account that you want to remove, then confirm the removal process.
- Once the process is complete, restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved at the next system startup after you sign in again.
- Launch the backward-compatible game once again and see if the same issue is still occurring.
If you ’ re inactive encountering the lapp ‘Sorry, this profile can’t connect to Xbox live on this console’ error, move down to the concluding method below .
Method 5: Performing a soft reset
If you followed every method above and you ’ re hush encountering the lapp ‘Sorry, this profile can’t connect to Xbox live on this console’ mistake, you ’ re likely facing an issue with some system file that will not go off this easily. In this case, your only hope of resolving the write out is to reset every firmware & software part that might be triggering this problem. For the sake of keeping your data, the best approach would be to go for a piano reset. A soft reset will allow you to refresh every engage arrangement component while allowing you to keep all your games and data. here ’ s a quick guide doing a factory reset on Xbox One :
Xem thêm: Buy Manhunt 2 Uncut PC Game
- On your Xbox One console, press the Xbox button (on your controller) once to open up the guide menu. After you manage to get there, go to System > Settings > System > Console Info. Once you get to the Console Info menu, select Reset console from the newly appeared menu.
- Once you manage to get inside the Reset console menu, choose Reset and keep my games & apps from the newly appeared menu.
- Wait until the process is completed since your console will restart automatically at the end of it. Once your console boots back on, attempt to play the backward-compatible game once again and see if the issue is resolved now.